On Sunday, September 15th, 2013, we––the congregation of the Mount Union Wesleyan Church––had the privilege of commissioning two families to go and be part of a new work––a church plant in Altoona, Pennsylvania, known as Overflow Church. This is exciting for a number of reasons:
- We’re excited to have the opportunity to partner with Pastor Richard and Tonya Cox to make their dream a reality.
- We believe God has some great things in store for the community and people of Altoona.
- This commissioning service represented a clear indicator that seven years of concerted effort are paying off. We are becoming a sending church!
- We’re sending approximately 11% of our congregation to be a part of this work! (Three of the adults are on our leadership team, which means we’re sending out almost half of our core group of leaders…)
- Leaders being sent out creates space for others to serve.
Please keep Overflow Church, its leadership, and the Ruby’s and Moore’s in your prayers as Overflow gears up for their public launch on October 6th, 2013.