Last spring, a group at our church went through Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University. Going into FPU, our family didn’t have a lot of debt –– we owed money (and still do) on our house and one of our cars. Thankfully, we followed Dave’s advice and were able to bank some money. Little did we know how handy that emergency fund would be. Three months without a renter, substantial damage done to our house by said renter, and unexpected repairs to my car meant tons of unexpected expenses/bills.
Anyways, had it not been for FPU and our emergency fund, things could have been much worse. Homeowner’s insurance will help with the damage to our home. The generosity of family, friends, and our congregation have helped keep us financially afloat. The time has come to be proactive, however. It is time to rebuild –– time to re-establish our emergency fund.
Needless to say, our emergency fund is pretty much non-existent. Repairs to our house mean that we will not be able to rent it out until late January or early February. All of which means tightening our belts, shaking the cushions for loose change (so to speak), and some creativity with our finances.1
That brings me to the point of this post. Crystal and I are making every attempt, despite these setbacks, to start 2013 off on the road to financial peace. What that means is that we/I will be parting with some stuff (books, sofas, cars, motorcycles, mattresses, etc.) and attempting to sell other (new) stuff along the way. Should you find yourself in the market for any of the things that I/we are selling, we would be incredibly grateful if you would consider purchasing from us.
As of today, here is what we are selling. If you (or someone that you know) are located somewhere, anywhere in the United States:
- I’m selling plenty of books (with many more still to come) via eBay.
- I have some iPhone cases available for sale over at Society6.
- Also available over at Society6 are some iPad and laptop cases.
- iPhone/iPod skins and stationary are also available.
If you (or someone that you know) are located in or around the Mount Union, Pennsylvania, area:
- I’m selling my 1993 Suzuki Intruder VS1400.
My 2001 Volvo S80 is also up for sale. (It has a new transmission!)
If you (or someone that you know) are located in or around the West Chester, Ohio, area:
- Our townhouse is for rent. Minimum twelve month lease. Two year lease or rent-to-own possible.
- We’d also be willing to sell our townhouse at a reasonable price.
- We have a sectional sofa that I’d be more than happy to sell you.
- I have a used, orthopedic (Queen) mattress available for purchase.
- Don’t worry, we have no plans to do anything illegal. ↩